8 Ways to Make Your Workout Fun!!
Working out doesn't have to be a chore...
Have FUN with it!
1. Make your own workout "playlist". Download fast paced, upbeat songs that will get you pumped up to workout. Turn that playlist on when your getting ready to workout and it will help get you motivated to want to MOVE!
2. Mix it up!! If you get tired of doing the same thing everyday, pick a 3 or 4 different types of workouts you enjoy and rotate them daily.
3. Do you like to dance? There's all kinds of dance workout videos on YouTube, give them a try! I LOVE to dance (I'm not good at it, but I think it's fun!) and I love trying to learn new dance moves. Dancing is a great way to exercise without feeling like you're actually working out. :)
4. Get a workout buddy. Sometimes exercising by yourself gets boring, so find someone to do it with you. This will also help you stay accountable, to get your workout done!
5. Get the kids involved! Believe it or not, they may actually think its fun too! And it's pretty entertaining watching them do their own little moves!
6. Go outside! Go for an evening walk with the family, chase the dogs around the yard, take the kids to the park and use the "play ground" equipment as your "gym" while the kids play, or whatever other creative ideas you can think of.
7. Post your workouts online!
If you don't want to "blast" your personal FB page, IG account, or Twitter with workout posts, join a fitness (motivation) group. My favorite is ttps://www.facebook.com/groups/580026502114360/ ;) Since I start my own motivation/accountability group, it's been so much easier for me to actually stick to my workouts. Knowing (or thinking) others are watching/waiting for you to post about your workout so they can "cheer you on" really made me want to prove to myself and them that I could do this! So, not only does a fitness group keep you accountable, you help others want to push themselves to workout too! WIN WIN WIN for everyone! :)
8. Reward yourself!! And I don't mean with a huge chocolate bar after your workout. :) Something like tell yourself you can have a nice long relaxing bath when you're finished, or after you workout so many times you get a new outfit or a massage or something. Another thing you could try to do is pay yourself for working out.... Put $1 in a jar every time you workout, eventually you'll have enough $$ saved up to get a new outfit or massage or whatever it is you want without feeling too guilty about spending the money, because you "earned" it! :)