OMGosh!! These are SOO GOOD!!! Think oatmeal cookies packed with a fruity cinnamon flavor!! They’ll stay soft and chewy for an entire week if stored in an airtight container—if they last that long!
- 1 c quick oats
- ¾ c whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg,
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c agave or honey
- 1 c finely diced red apple (about 1 medium)
- Mix oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil or butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the agave. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until mixed well. Fold in the apples. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten slightly. Bake at 325°F for 13-15 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.